© 2015 | Asentek, Inc
Louis Brown Ogbeifun
Phone: +234.802.779.8808, +234.803.659.1794
Louis Brown Ogbeifun was elected the 10th President of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) the White Collar employees of the oil and gas industry in 2003; and the 1st Deputy President General of the Trade Union congress (TUC) of Nigeria in 2004. He has served the nation in several Committees among which are: Committee on Socio-Economic Impact of Downstream Deregulation in Nigeria, 2003; Committee on the Privatization of NNPC Downstream Sector, 2003/2004; Nigeria Stakeholders Work Group of the Nigerian Extractive Industry Transparency Initiative (NEITI) 2004/2005; Independent Consolidated and Cushioning Measures Committee, 2004/2005.
In recognition of his leadership qualities he has received several awards, which include the Honorary Doctor of Philosophy in Leadership, Social and Community Development HONORIS CAUSA by Evangel Christian University, 2003 (Lagos Nigeria), Patriotic Achiever’s Award (2003) Diamond Award of professional Excellence (2003) Outstanding Union Leader Award (2003), Role Model Gold Award (2003).
He is an author of several articles in various newspapers in Nigeria and the book “The Role of labour unions in the Oil and gas Industry in Nigeria: A Practitioner’s Perspective”
Mr. Ogbeifun’s Professional Affiliations include:
• Member, Conflict Management and Leadership Training Institute, Canada; 2009
• Member, the Governing Council, Institute of Mediation and Conciliation; Nigeria 2008
• Member, Panel of Neutrals, High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, Nigeria; 2007
• Member, Society for Human Resource Management, USA 2007
• MTI Certified Professional in Managing Workplace Conflicts, U.S.A. 2006
• MTI Certified Trainer of Managing Workplace Conflicts, U.S.A; 2006
• Accredited Mediator, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution-UK; 2003
• Member, Institute of Chartered Mediators and Conciliators; 2003
• Associate Member, Nigeria Institute of Management (Chartered); 2003